Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Titan Hands Out Hundreds Of Free Pairs Of Shoes

Soles4Souls along with Shoe Carnival donated more than a thousand pair of clogs to the Nashville Rescue Mission.

Tennessee Titan All-Pro Safety Chris Hope went to the mission to help pass out free clogs to those less fortunate.

Hope has been the National Spokesman for Soles4Souls for three years, and he said giving away free shoes gave him a sense of purpose far past football.

"I'm here in Nashville, but I'm blessing people across the country by passing our shoes, but Soles4Souls has been doing it for many years and they've blessed many people and I'm glad to be a part of it," said Hope.

The safety donates $100 per tackle to Soles4Souls, the Nashville charity that gives away shoes to those in need. Hope has donated almost $30,000 to the organization himself.

"Anytime I'm donating money, that means I'm playing good so it's a blessing," said Hope.
A blessing to people like 29-year-old Adam Perkins, who's overcoming a drug addiction and has high praise for the Titan that gives his time to Soles4Souls.

"I'd like to say to Chris - thank you very much and God Bless you brother," said Perkins.

No comments: