Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thank You to Mrs. Murphy's 5th Grade Class!

Below is a post from Mrs. Murphy and her 5th grade class who did a Soles4Souls campaign where they collected shoes for the shoe charity. Soles4Souls is excited to see children at this age giving back to their community. Way to go, friends!!



Our school, Roswell North E.S., had a 'Soles 4 Souls' campaign to donate gently used or new shoes for those in need in our community. I challenged my class to bring fifty (50) pair in return for a special day of their choosing. They far surpassed my challenge. When this picture was taken, they had brought 133 pairs. By the end of the campaign, they brought in a total of 153 pairs of shoes! I am proud of my class all the time because they are a wonderful group of children, but I am especially proud of them for taking on such a worthy cause to help those less fortunate.


Way to go Mrs. Murphy's 5th Grade Class!


Jan Murphy

5th Grade

Roswell North E.S.

No comments: