Wednesday, April 29, 2009

21-Year-Old Entrepreneur Pledges to Help Children in Need

21-year-old entrepreneur and footwear retailer Alex Curavo is pledging to donate more than 1,000 pair of shoes to children in third world countries by the end of the year through his newest venture, My Kids Feet.

"More than 300 million children around the world walk on dirt roads and in dangerous debris-filled fields every day," said Curavo. "I witnessed this first hand last January while working for another non-profit organization in rural areas of the Dominican Republic. It broke my heart to see young children walking around barefoot on unpaved roads covered in trash and broken glass. I want to do something to help those children."


My Kids Feet has partnered with Soles4Souls and has pledged to donate one new pair of shoes or sandals to a child in need for every pair of Morgan & Milo or Dinosoles brand children's shoes sold on the company's website in 2009.

"Being a new start-up with modest sales, my goal is to donate 1,000 pair of shoes by the end of the year. If we can do more, I would be very excited," Curavo said.

Customers can join the cause by purchasing a pair of Morgan & Milo or Dinosoles shoes for their children at http://www.mykidsfeet.com/ or donating a pair of shoes directly by mailing them to a Soles4Souls collection center.

No comments: