Monday, March 16, 2009

Soles4Souls Helps Project PINSTRIPE Outfit Disadvantaged Youth

Project PINSTRIPE, a not-for-profit organization devoted to building a positive self-image for disadvantaged young adults by providing properly-fitted business attire and career education, hosted its fourth annual one-day event last Saturday, March 14. The event expanded to Atlanta, Charlotte and Nashville, adding to existing events in New York, Boston, Chicago, Detroit and Miami.

Since its founding in New York in 2005, Project PINSTRIPE has grown from 50 participants in New York to 450 participants nationally with annual events in eight cities around the country. The organization outfits underprivileged high school and college-aged men with lightly-used designer suits donated by generous business professionals.

Participants were also given all the necessary accessories to complete their tailored look, including dress shoes donated by Soles4Souls.

"Project PINSTRIPE has given me so many great opportunities. Being young, it's often hard to be taken seriously in a corporate setting. The suits I've been given help me project confidence and give me a much better self-image," said Daniel Meighan, a Prep for Prep and Project PINSTRIPE participant. "I know that I have the skills and know-how to succeed, and Project PINSTRIPE helps to display my qualities in the clothes that I wear."

No comments: